Small Businesses pay disproportionately for telecommunications

From Business First: A report released by the U.S. Small Business Administrations found that small businesses pay significantly more per employee for telecommunications services…

Smaller businesses pay much more per employee for local and long-distance phone service, according to the report. Companies with one to four employees have a monthly cost per employee of $82.81, while businesses with 10 or more staffers spend $20.99 per employee.

Another interesting statistic in the report: Internet connectivity. While almost 3/4 of small businesses have Internet access, only about 60% of those have some form of broadband (with the other ~40% using dial-up.)